We are currently recruiting for a Part Time Credit Control Assistant to join our growing business based in Colchester on a 3 day per week basis. Reporting directly into Billing and Accounts Receivable and ultimately reporting to the Finance Manager this role will provide ongoing support and assistance with a range of duties within the Sales Ledger department. We are an award-winning business and are very proud of our number 24 ranking in the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work For this year.
Overview of Whitehall Resources:
Whitehall Resources is a specialist provider of SAP, Oracle and IT professionals worldwide. Our dedicated teams of recruitment consultants focus in niche markets providing consultancy advice and rapid delivery to clients and candidates. We provide resources to over eighty countries across four continents.
- Taking ownership of purchase order tracking
- Invoicing duties to include raising, sending and tracking
- Ensuring correct data entered on CRM system to support the generation of invoices
- Ensuring all invoices and back up are sent to clients within specified timescales
- Assistance with Credit Control (UK & International)
- Allocating receipts onto accounting system in absence of Accounts Receivable
- Monthly production of financial reports
- Liaise with Sales team as and when needs arise relating to contractors
- Cover Accounts Receivables and Payables as and when required
- Interpersonal, team building, and problem-solving skills
- Must be a skilled communicator, with well-developed verbal, written and presentation ability
- An assertive but tactful manner
- Calmness under pressure
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Previous Accounts experience an advantage
- The ability to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Administrative and computer skills, including Excel
Not essential but beneficial experience
- Good knowledge of sales ledger and credit control functions
- Knowledge of VAT legislation
- Knowledge of Sage Accounting package
- Previous experience working in recruitment
- Account reconciliation’s
- Hard working
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
What we offer in return
A company with potential for progression, company events including the opportunity to win a trip to a villa in Portugal, other internal events like our staff summer and Christmas parties, along with 24 days’ holiday (pro rata for part time and increasing with length of service) plus bank holidays. And that’s without mentioning our fantastic office with its themed meeting rooms, an American style diner and a continued fun and energetic working environment.
Due to the volume of applications we receive unfortunately we are not always able to respond with feedback. We aim to contact successful candidates within 10 days of their application. If you have not heard from us within this period, please assume you have not been successful.