Due to the increased demand for our services, we are now recruiting a part time Credit Control Assistant to join our successful business based in Colchester on a 24 hour week basis (ideally across Monday to Friday). Reporting directly into the Credit Control Supervisor this role will provide ongoing support and assistance with a range of duties within the Sales Ledger department.
Overview of Whitehall Resources:
Whitehall Resources is a specialist provider of SAP/Oracle/IT Professionals Worldwide. Our dedicated teams of recruitment consultants focus in niche markets providing consultancy advice and rapid delivery to clients and candidates. We provide resources to over eighty countries across four continents. We are an award-winning business and are very proud of achieving Sunday Times Top 100 employers for four consecutive years.
- Taking ownership of purchase order tracking
- Invoicing duties to include raising, sending and tracking
- Ensuring correct data entered on CRM system to support the generation of invoices
- Ensuring all invoices and back up are sent to clients within specified timescales
- Assistance with Credit Control (UK & International)
- Allocating receipts onto accounting system in absence of Accounts Receivable
- Monthly production of financial reports
- Liaise with Sales team as and when needs arise relating to contractors
- Cover Accounts Receivables and Payables as and when required
- Interpersonal, teambuilding, and problem-solving skills
- Must be a skilled communicator, with well-developed verbal, written and presentation ability
- An assertive but tactful manner
- Calmness under pressure
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Previous Accounts experience an advantage
- The ability to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Administrative & computer skills, including Excel
Not essential but beneficial experience;
- Good knowledge of sales ledger and credit control functions
- Knowledge of VAT legislation
- Knowledge of Sage Accounting Package
- Previous experience working in recruitment
- Account Reconciliation’s
- Hard Working
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
What we offer in return?
Modern and comfortable working environment with breakout areas and tea and coffee facilities, 24 days’ holiday (increasing with length of service) plus bank holidays, pension scheme, healthcare cash back scheme after 1 years’ service. Pre-COVID, we held various company events and incentives including the opportunity to win a trip to a villa in Portugal, other internal events like our staff summer and Christmas parties. These are due to commence again once restrictions are lifted.
Due to the volume of applications we receive unfortunately we are not always able to respond with feedback. We aim to contact successful candidates within 10 days of their application. If you have not heard from us within this period, please assume you have not been successful.
The health and safety of our employees is paramount. We have implemented stringent safety measures that comply with government guidance and ensure that our employees feel comfortable and safe whilst in the office.
Current safety measures include but are not limited to; working spaces that comply with the 2-metre social distancing rule, one-way system, and sanitiser stations. All our employees are responsible for following the COVID safety measures in place.