We currently have an exciting opportunity for a super organised, resourceful and proactive individual to join our team based in Colchester. Reporting to the HR Manager, this is a varied role that encompasses many of the day to day operational requirements of running our lovely office and assisting our operational teams. It’s a real opportunity to get involved in a multitude of different tasks and projects, both in relation to the office itself and other departments. This role is ideal for someone who likes finding problems and fixing them. It’s perfect for someone who has high standards, likes things to be in order and enjoys being helpful.
This is a really exciting opportunity for someone looking to put their varied experience into a stand-alone, varied and creative role, in a supportive and comfortable environment. We are an award winning business and are very proud of achieving Sunday Times Top 100 employers for four consecutive years.
Overview of role:
Responsible for a broad range of activities in support of the overall business functions in addition to the facilities management of the company premises. In addition, this role will be responsible for other general operations support tasks such as HR, recruitment, marketing, travel arrangements, company car management, health and safety and other internal tasks as designated.
Responsible for facilities management of the company head office. Facility management includes, but is not limited to:
- Sourcing quotes and engaging third party contractors for necessary internal and external maintenance, repair and cleaning services of all company properties and the equipment within it.
- Ensuring all third-party contractors on site follow the rules in relation to H&S requirements via the company process for managing contractors
- Managing the cleaning contract and acting as the main point of contact between the business and the cleaning company.
- Conducting reviews of office costs and third party service providers and providing quotes for changes where necessary.
- Sourcing and ordering of furniture and other necessary items
- Managing the key holder process
- Maintaining cleanliness in the office and ensuring employees are reminded of the rules regarding office spaces, food and drinks.
- Managing the car park register for employee parking spaces
- Regularly inspecting the office including meeting rooms and kitchens to ensure equipment is in working order and areas are clean and up to standard
- Providing a monthly report on facilities to the Operations Director and MD to ensure SLT are aware of any on-going or required works.
- Managing the facilities inbox and communicating to the business when necessary on facilities matters
- Some light repair work and/or cleaning where it can be immediately rectified without the need to use a contracting service.
- Assistance where required in the facilities management of other company owned properties.
Health & Safety
Responsible for the Health & Safety duties in relation to the office, its’ employees and outside spaces, to include but not limited to:
- Auditing first aid provisions and ordering replacements when needed.
- Carrying out fire safety checks such as regular fire extinguisher checks
- Arranging training from third party suppliers for any required safety training
- Reviewing and updating the company Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Liaising with the third-party Health & Safety provider for bi-annual H&S audits.
Employee transport and incentives
- Co-ordinating national and international travel – including, but not limited to, flights, rail travel, hotels and taxi’s
- Managing the maintenance programme and insurance provision for company vehicles
- Being the appointed person of contact in relation to any company vehicle enquiries and bookings
- Supporting the Senior Sales Administrator in any event planning when required.
Charity and other local community support initiatives
- Manage the relationship between the company and the dedicated charity of choice; organising company fund-raising initiatives, charity visits, donation opportunities and issuing out communications to the business.
- Researching and identifying opportunities for Whitehall Resources to develop their relationship with the local community, by considering how and where the company can contribute to other local organisations such as charities, schools and colleges.
- Supporting the HR Manager with administration duties such as producing letters for employees, processing review forms, dealing with adhoc queries and note-taking.
- Managing the recruitment process for any open vacancies.
- Championing our values both internally and externally via a variety of platforms.
- Assisting in the arrangements of any employee events both on and off site.
- Whitehall Resources promotional items
- Co-ordinate the employee car washing service
- Manage the ordering process for all internal stick supplies such as tea, coffee and stationary
- Providing administrative support to senior management when required.
- Helpful and willing to take on a variety of different problems and tasks
- Tactfully influential and persuasive
- Good problem solver
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Evidence of problem solving
- Previous office management experience an advantage
- Experience of managing multiple projects and tasks at any one time
- Some experience of office management including health and safety an advantage
- Ability to communicate at various levels including Director level
- HR experience an advantage
- Internal recruitment experience
- Computer literate with knowledge and experience of office software (Word, Outlook)
- Evidence of problem solving
- Good team player
- Good attention to detail and eye for error
- Superb organisational skills
What we offer in return?
Modern and comfortable working environment with breakout areas and tea and coffee facilities, 24 days’ holiday (increasing with length of service) plus bank holidays, pension scheme, healthcare cash back scheme after 1 years’ service. Pre-COVID, we held various company events and incentives including the opportunity to win a trip to a villa in Portugal, other internal events like our staff summer and Christmas parties. These are due to commence again later in the year provided they are allowed to go ahead.
Due to the volume of applications we receive unfortunately we are not always able to respond with feedback. We aim to contact successful candidates within 10 days of their application. If you have not heard from us within this period, please assume you have not been successful.
The health and safety of our employees is paramount. Despite restrictions being lifted, we are still electing to follow certain safety measures. Current safety measures include but are not limited to; working spaces that are 2-metre apart where possible, social distancing, one-way system, and sanitiser stations. All our employees are responsible for following the COVID safety measures in place.